Powered By Blogger

27 de marzo de 2013

Brent Heighton











Biography:
Brent Heighton. Has been painting for over 30 years fulltime. After college Brent began a brief career in the commercial art field. Not satisfied with the deadlines, the rush jobs, and working out other peoples ideas as to how they wanted things to look, he realized that as difficult as working in the Fine Arts was, becoming a painter of what you want and not what someone else wants, was the most important and satisfying. He has never looked back on or regretted taking that chance. Working as a fulltime Artist has allowed Brent to travel all over the world in search of ideas and things to paint. Brent has traveled with his family to Europe, spending time in France, Holland, Belgium, and as far south as Greece. All the time with paints and brushes in hand, always looking for that inspiration just around the corner. The difference of light in a place like Greece compared to Cornwall, England is very exciting says Brent. Brent and Elizabeth winter in their home in Mexico. The architecture, the people, and the light keep enticing Brent back there, “I find Mexico helps my creative juices start to flow when I’m there and I love the color of the light.” says Brent. Brent’s watercolours, acrylics and oils have been well received by many corporate and private collectors in over 30 countries of the world. Brent has had exhibitions in New York, Tokyo, Germany, Belgium, Holland, many parts of the U.S.and most recently Mexico. His work has won him numerous awards throughout Canada and the U.S. But the important thing is, as Brent points out is not the awards, it’s how it makes you feel putting your feelings on paper or canvas so that the persons observing can experience the joy you had in painting that particular artwork.?“If you can make that connection with someone it feels great inside” he says. Continuing to explore new ideas and approaches to painting, he is never happy to stay in one place creatively. And his work continues to grow and mature as he pushes his creative boundaries. “It has been a bumpy ride over a long period of time to arrive at this point. I liken it to the uncertainty of Charles Lindberg’s quest to be the first flyer to wing his way across the Atlantic. You get the plane off the ground – somewhat of an accomplishment in itself – and reach an altitude where you feel everything’s under control. But then there are a series of mechanical concerns or foul weather systems that constantly test your mettle and cause you to question the wisdom of your choice to set such a lofty goal. And wherein I haven’t landed my plane successfully yet, at least I’m still aloft, and the propeller keeps on churning! While there has been – and I suspect will continue to be – constant hurdles to overcome, I have been extremely fortunate. It has not been all that difficult to keep a positive outlook towards my work. When a new blanket of snow smothers the countryside, I am inspired. When the azaleas and rhododendrons burst into bloom in my garden and my Koi fish reappear, I’m keen to paint. The angles of branches in a forest or the way the light streams through them can cause me to rush to my studio. A weathered fence, a golf green, fish boats in a harbour, intriguing architecture, waterfowl on a pond: all or any can move me to paint. And when I am painting, I am happiest.”

No hay comentarios.: