Powered By Blogger

25 de octubre de 2013

SYLVIE GUILLOT

Sylvie Guillot










Biography:
Sylvie Guillot. Graduate of the Versailles School of Arts. Lives and works in Marseille. Over the years my work has gradually focused on the theme I like best, the human figure and more particularly the nude. The representation of the body is, for me, an inexhaustible field of study. I like the ideas of tension and movement, using compositions where the body seems either to stretch, to fall or to huddle up. I also like to emphasize the tension within the body by drawing contorted torsos, sharp shoulders or strong and nervous hands. I try to balance the powerful tension thus created with quieter areas in the painting where the eye can rest. Mixing these two opposing elements aims at creating a certain dynamism which brings the painting to life...just like a human being.

No hay comentarios.: