Powered By Blogger

8 de marzo de 2014

WANDA CHOATE

























Biography:
Wanda Choate.- I remember sitting in a chair in the corner of my bedroom. I can remember the way the light fell on the top of my head and over my shoulder. In my lap was a slim, cheap book on impressionism from the library. The book was opened to a beautiful young girl. I have no clue who the artist was. Tears streaming down my cheeks, I asked God, who I hadn’t known for long, to allow me to create something that beautiful in my life.
I was 30 years old, with 2 little boys and had never seen a museum, a set of oil paints, or a real painting. Oh, I’ve got to draw and paint and take 1,000's of pictures, and own wonderful books who are my teachers. To paint my Heart, my Life. To walk through this life every day, looking, expecting magic, Oh! the places I’ve been, the people I’ve met, the galleries and shows and museums and costumes and props and the tears and rejection, the awards and rewards.
That one prayer… What a magical journey. My home is filled with souvenirs and trophies and paintings and drawings from great artists, Oh and my studio, so much more…
Help me to see beauty like you do. Thank you Jesus.








No hay comentarios.: