Powered By Blogger

10 de agosto de 2015

Maya Green.







Biography:
Maya Green was born in 1957 in Donetsk, Ukraine. There she received her degree in art studies. In 1996, she immigrated to Israel and settled in the city of Tiberias in northern Israel on the banks of the Sea of Galilee. The Galilee region is often a subject of her works.
Maya aptly uses a palette knife to achieve an impasto technique. By applying oil paints in bold colors, she transforms her sketches of northern Israel views. In her paintings she emphasizes the importance of composition, especially the contrast between light and shadow and the differences between the seasons.
The artist describes her work in her own words:
“I seek to complement the moments I encounter. I attempt breaking down life to its visual essentials: light, dark, balance, movement, tone. In doing so, perhaps I can reveal a new perspective. I enjoy capturing the essence of a moment.”
“I consider a painting complete when the idea I am trying to express matches the thoughts in my mind. Often, this process leaves me naked and feeling exceptionally vulnerable. If somebody, while looking at my artwork, gets that special feeling of something personal, I’m satisfied.”
Many works by Maya Green are in private collections in Russia, Israel, Scotland, America and Japan.












No hay comentarios.: